Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WAY TOO CONFUSING

I thought that this story was very confusing, but could have been made a bit more clear by the author. It would have been more clear if the author had explained the characters more. The story would have been a little bit more interesting if the festival had been explained more because the festival was very vague. I think that there would have been more suspense if Munir had come home to bring the news instead of sending a telegram, but he was also sending a telegram to protect himself from the wrath of angry parents.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 95 percent. I thought that the story was WAY too confusing. Then again, this story is in 3rd person omnisient(or however you spell it) meaning that its not written in first person but you can still read a person's thoughts. In this story, you can read the hajji's thoughts, and the hajji is confused because he has to tell his son of his arranged marriage, and he isn't sure how to do that. Maybe the author purposfully makes his story more vague to match the vagueness and confusedness of the hajji's thoughts.

    Also, I dont think the author should have talked more about the festival. The problem was centered on the problem and marriages of a family, so a decription of the festival would just be a distraction to the reader.

    Finally, yes, I do agree with you about the coming home thing and how it would have brought more suspense.

    So maybe, its more like 45 percent I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete