Thursday, April 23, 2009

Suicide. post

First I would like to comment on how creepy this short story was. I thought that the author made the story too bloody and gory and was way over the top. I also thought that the author totally set something terrible at the beginning of the story. I didn't really like the short story because I thought that there was no point to the story and the author just wanted to make a story about someone killing themselves. I thought that it was weird how there is arranged marriage and how important marriage to the family. I think that we are lucky to be in America where there isn't a lot of arranged marriage and nothing would happen to someone in America like what happened in the story. I was also wondering what happened at the end of the book. Did the girl kill herself or something because when I read the book it seemed like the book ended very abruptly and there was no conclusion to the plot? I thought that this book was pretty bad and made no sense after the first page. 

1 comment:

  1. first of all i would like to respectfully disagree. This author made the story gory and it turned out to be interesting. The point of the story was to expose us to a different culture. when you say you thought it was weird that they have arranged marriages, that is just a different culture. In fact most marriages in the asian part of the world are arranged. This book deffinetly made sense after the first page. Her parents wanted her to get marriend and she refused. Then she got beaten. This was not necceserially right but that is there culture. So when you say it is weird you are saying a culture is weird. You should us try and get used to it.

    ReplyDelete