Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Night of the Festival?

This story really confused me when I first read it. It seemed that a small village in Egypt was in the final preparations for the end of Ramadan. One man, who had completed the hajj, was waiting for his son so he could start the evening prayer, but the son never came. Instead, the hajji recieved a telegram informing him that Munir was engaged to be married to someone he had met in Cairo. When the hajji and Khadija learned of this, they wrote Munir a letter congratulating him, but they immediately tore up. I'm assuming they did this because they knew that Munir would see that they were not happy at the marriage he had so rashly decided to follow through with.

I think that the hajji has every right to be angry at his son because there was no notice that Munir was going to be engaged to someone else. Munir should have notified his father when he was seeing his fiance but I can see why he didn't. munir didn't tell his father because he knew that his father would immediately say no because he had other plans for Munir at the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment