Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crazy Rug Expert!!!-Tiavda

In the beginning of the story, the narrator walked in slapping himself. When he said he was disgraced because he sold a donkey for 2,500 liras, I thought that the narrator had sold the donkey for many times of his original price. Later however, I learned that the narrator had actually helped a guy buy the overpriced donkey. I do not see how the narrator is disgraced though. Yes, he sold an donkey for like 50 times the price, but that should not disgrace him. I think that it is the Rug Expert's fault because he was the person who actually haggled the price while the narrator just acted as a translator. So really, It is the Rug Expert's fault! Oh No!!! I also think that the Rug Expert is mean because he does not let on to the narrator that he is going after the iron stake at the end. I'm kinda confused about that because I don't really understand what the Rug Expert wants. At first, it was the rug. Then, it was the iron stake. Did he ever really want the rug? Or was he joking about the iron stake being valuable? CRAZY RUG EXPERT!!! Making me think!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I deleted my post because i left something out.
    Advait, I totally agree with you. The narrator shouldn't have been disgraced in himself, but disgraced in the rug expert. So I guess if that had been the case, the beginning would have been different in the sense that the narrator would be more upset. But maybe the way the narrator was raised taught him honesty and maybe he felt like he disgraced his family's morals. Just like you, I was confused about whether this rug expert wants the rug or the iron stake. He seems to be interested in the rug, and then all of a sudden starts mentioning the iron stake.
    If somene could clear that up, or at least try to, that would be great.

    Frank da Tank -- Out

    ReplyDelete