Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Festival Story- Jessica Wang

Yeah, I dont really get or like this story AT ALL! (like many people say)

These are the only parts I get: It is right before the end of the Ramadan and people are getting ready for a huge festival. A father is not happy, because he is thinking of a way to tell his son that he is getting married; the father is trying to think of a way to present the information. Then a telegram arrives from the son that says that he is getting married with another person.

Did he know that his family had arranged another marriage for him so he purposefully married another lady?

Then, the family decides to send him a letter of congratulations, but when they are out of sight the mother and the daughter tear up the letter? Why? Is it because they want to make the father think that they are happy for their son's marriage, but are actually mad inside because they dont get rich or something?

I hope I can understand this better,
Jess.

No comments:

Post a Comment