1.
The thing that I find interesting in the story is that you don’t get that much of a sense of what everyone is talking about until the very end. Only when you reach the end and go back can you see what Raha meant. For example, when Raha says, “Days are stops, hours are alarms, seconds are reminders . . . of what?” (p.67) the reader doesn’t understand what she is talking about until they read the whole story. The reason why this style of writing is interesting to me is because it helps create tension and it foreshadows the upcoming events in the story.
2.
A question that I want to ask is, how can Raha get such a vivid description of the outside when there is a veil in the way? It is a bit ironic that they can get a clear image behind a veil. The quote that I got this question from is, “We hear its sounds, smell its air and feel its climate along the road between our school and the air port, where we can glimpse its glittering streets from behind our veils.” (p.67) I think that the point of the idea is that she probably experiences the outside world in a safe zone and she probably hasn't experienced the world without that protection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment