I liked this short story better than the previous story that we've read: "Don't You Have Any Donkeys in Your Country?" This story was much more descriptive in most little details. The only part that leaves you wondering is the very end. This is definitely a story in which you read it once, and then need to go back and look through the story again to confirm everything.
I would like to go over 2 quotes. The first are the very beginning sentences. "The distance between moves was the bridge between my heart and theirs, between my soul and theirs. As I saw the bridge destroyed, movement collided with my space." In my opinion, this quote should go at the end. In the beginning, the quote is of no importance to you. It is there to be there. Only when you finish the story can this quote be understood. Unless your great friend *cough cough* (PRESTON) tells you the end of the story before you get a chance to read it. Only then do you understand. I don't like that.
The 2nd quote is the very end. "I don't know in what wave I drowned." This is very interesting because when I first read it, I really thought that her mother had came in and murdered her for not marrying Fahid. Then I read it again, and I thought somehow she committed suicide, but I don't know where that came from, but I thought that. Then, I realized that she didn't REALLY die. She just gave in. Which is kind of like dying because your argument dies, and you give in.
All in all, this story was bizarre. It was absolutely good though.
No comments:
Post a Comment