Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rajeev Jotwani

This story troubled me in many ways. The way that the family relied on the son for money every month was strange. If they are a family, they should split up their money evenly, so everybody can live a reasonable lifestyle. Secondly why does the son need to have such an expensive wedding. He should make it so his own family can attend. The son seems like a flake, who just gives money for approval. He also did not ask his parents what they think of this girl, or even if they think it is okay that he is getting married. I also have a question. Why do they rip of the paper? This makes no sense. My guess is that they were really angry at the son, so this is a way of showing their anger. Overall i would give this story a 2 out of 10 because, it does not have any action, and it does not really have a good ending.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it is strange that they relied on thier son for money but i can understand why. I guess his dad just doesnt have a job but he should get one. I know you are trying to sound reasonable when you say they should split up the money but come one, who has ever doe that? You are on your own in the world sometimes. The son should not have to be the one that works and then pays for his family. His dad should get a job and be able to support his family without having his son supply him money. THe son is not giving money for approval. He is giving money to keep his family alive, and under a roof with food. He is doing it because he loves his family. I dont think he should have to ask his parents because if he loves this girl, he loves this girla nd shoudl gte married to her either way. If he did ask them it would be bad because they would have made him marry that other girl, which he didnt love. I am also sort of confused about tearing the letter. I think it is just out of thier anger towards thier son because he didn't invite them or tell them about his wedding in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rajeev, I think that it is not weird to have money sent to you by your son because what if the dad could not work because he had disability and couldn't work? Also when you said, "If they are a family, they should split up their money evenly" I didn't really understand what you meant because if the family wanted to spilt up the money then they would have to send money to other relatives. I think that the son is not sending money to his dad for approval. I think that he is sending the money only to keep his dad living and if he didn't send money to his dad then his dad would be able to keep his house or anything else that he owned. The son also needs an expensive wedding because it is tradition to have a great wedding because if you have a good wedding you will have a good married life. answering your question they rip the paper out of anger because the son "betrayed" them by marrying a different girl. I don't think that the son betrayed the family because the family never told the son or their plan of marriage. I think that if the family told the son of their plan then the son wouldn't have married the other girl. Lastly I would have to disagree about you saying that it was a bad ending. I don't think that you shouldn't think that it was a bad ending, but I think that the ending was actually pretty good.

    ReplyDelete