Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Even though I was very ingaged and intrigued in this story it also made me very mad. I enjoyed reading this short story a lot more than the last one. Starting from when the parents lied to Raha to get her to come home to her attempted suicide my anger for Raha's parents increased. I was angry when the parents lied about her father being sick because Raha was so happy at her school. It was her favorite place on Earth and I don't think it is right of them to take her away from that, especially by scaring her about her father being ill. She is so happy when she is at school. It is like her own wonderland, but it is actually real. When she is there, there is no where else she would rather be. Why would they take that away from her? Well, because they have arranged a marriage for her with a man that she discusts and loathes. Why make someone marry someone they don't love? What good ever comes out of that? It just isn't right. Then, when she refuses, you violently beat her; beat her until she falls down bleeding. Does that really sound like a mother? How, in god's name, can a mother even think to do that to her child? I would love to talk some sense in to that mother's mind. Raha says " My mother had given me life, she had given me death, but the death came to slowly." I mean really; how can you almost kill someone you brought into this world? You have to be pretty messed up to do that. This mother is insane. I mean she caused her own daughter to try and hang herself. A little bit harsh; don't you think? All of these thoughts were going though my head as I read this story and as i read about this horrible mother and father who said they would kill Raha if she didn't marry the person they wanted her to. This also reminded me of A Midsummer's Nights Dream when Egeus says he will kill Hermia if she does not marry Demetrius. CRAZY PARENTS!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment