Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Assassination of Light at the rivers flow

This story was very nice and pleasant at the beginning. Raha was a nice girl with poetic spirit and love for her parents. But then, this very nice girl gets yelled at and gets half of her hair yaked out. A nice girl like Raha didn't deserve that and frakely, I think that the violence by Raha's mother was unnecessary. I can understand that her mother was upset that her daughter won't marry Fahid, but was it necessary for her to be extermely violent to where excessive blood is involved? That entire scene where Raha's mother was yaking on Raha's hair could have been avoided if both of them acted a little bit differently in the beginning. I know Raha was mad at the fact she had to marry Fahid, but if she showed her anger a little bit less and a little bit more poilite, then her mother wouldn't have been as angry. Raha's mother should have, in response to Raha's comment, held back her anger and let herself cool down before she made any actions. If I was Raha's mother, I would be upset that one, my daughter won't marry the man I chose and two, that my daughter just insulted the man that she was going to marry, but even with that I would try to hold my anger back. The main reason why Raha's mother was so upset was because Raha spoke very rudely of Fahid and if they would've just talked about it after some time went by, the family would be at peace and so would've the mother and Raha.

2 comments:

  1. Very good summary but I think you missed the part where Rahas mother says: ",Come back home to your wedding day be happy." Here she is giving her a last chance to repent. Raha doesn't give in nand says: "I can't marry that man!" That point is when her fate is decided and her mother must turn to her other option which is illustrated in this passage: ""I will not! Will you force me to death?" "Death is simpler, if you insist on refusing."." So there is a bit of negotiation but Raha is adamant about it and her mother will not let her live to continue to disgrace her family.

    Also you made a few spelling errors by forgeting the n in frankly and yanking and spelling extremely wrong. And to make a few phrases clearer you should say to the point where excessive blood is involved? And instead of using, gets her hair yanked out, it should be, has her hair yanked out.
    -Elliot(your local peer editing service)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree in part with Bobbie in that i think the mother overreacted. in ressponse to Elliot's response, i will say that i agree that she was giving her one last chance but i also think that that chance was tainted by the half-threat it included. she was commanding her daughter to do what she commanded or suffer the consequences. obivously, Raha chose teh latter. but thing about it. would you marry someone you disliked very strongly just because the only other option was being beat up by your overly angry mom...? that came out wrong. my point, though, is that i think that Raha showed strenght of character by standing up to her parents and i think her mother should have talked to her before tearing her hair out.

    ReplyDelete