Friday, April 24, 2009

The Assassination of Light at River's Flow

This was a decent story. I thought that it started out quite uninteresting and boring. It was trying too hard to be poetic and artsy, but it just felt shallow. But when it finally got to the meat of the story, it actually got quite interesting. It showed us an interesting look at how girls have very little freedom in the middle east. The end was strange, though. Did she die or not? I suppose that's up to the reader to decide. Butm one thing that I didn't like was that there was no one to root for in the story. I found the girl extremely annoying throughout the enitre story. I thought that the parents were smart when they told her that she had agreed to marry after she had obtained more education, but when they beat her, maybe even to death, that was maybe just a little harsh. Overall, I thought that this story was okay. I enjoyed the look it gave us into a girl's life in the Middle East more than the actual storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment