Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Night of The Festival

I did not like this story. I thought that it was kind of pointless because it didn't really have a beginning, middle, and an end. It was too short. The problem didn't have enough time to develop because the story was only: A father's daughter is getting married to her cousin and the rich son is arranged to get married to his cousin but marries someone else.
Unless the son had gotten word of the marriage, he didn't even know that there was a problem, so there was no conflict. If there is no conflict in a story, it is very boring most of the time, like this one.
I felt that the story was kind of comical because the family had the marriages all worked out and the hajji's son just ruined it all by going against it. It was like the family went through all of this work but the son just came and shot it down by marrying the other woman. In this story, the mother and father all much less cruel to their children. They didn't beat him, but they congratulated him even though they were mad. I would be pretty mad if my son got married without telling me and didn''t even invite me to his wedding. In this short story, the parents almost had a better reason than the parents in the assassination story. I am very surprised that the parents would be so nice to their son compared to the previous story where they just killed her.
Why did the dad keep saying "he has an excuse"? Did he just want to be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment