Thursday, April 23, 2009
The assassination of Light at the River's flow
This short story was one of the most ironic, fascinating, and exiting story I have read in a long time. Raha, the innocent girl who loves her parents, and is intrigued by school. She tells her parents everything, whether it is the gossip going on between her friends, to what grades she got, she is always open. This story is Ironic because Raha loves her parents so much and think they are the best thing that ever happened to her, but then the betray her, and treat her like a piece of dust. They think they can do anything to her, infact her mother beats her, pulls off half of her head, and doesn’t even feed her own child. I think this story is fascinating because it exposes me to a new culture. Though I don’t completely agree with the way people are treating women, I think that it is good to be aware of what is going on in Saudi Arabia. This story is extremely exciting because of all the action that takes place. The beatings are just so sad to read, but at the same time (I know this sounds bad) it is exciting, to read. I like this story because it takes a complete flop, and it is written in a way that got me interested in this piece of writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha. I don't actually like the story that much, but I agree with you. Beating up children in Asia and other countries is normal. Even the teachers have sticks in their classrooms for misbehaving kids.
ReplyDelete