Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't You Have Any Donkeys in Your Country? Maret

This short story was a bit confusing. I did not understand why the narrator's friend felt disgraced. Please correct me if I am wrong:

The Rug Dude just learned a lesson! The Rug Dude tried to teach the Disgraced Guy how to bargain cheap with the counterfait peasants. It is so rude of the Rug Dude to gypt people like that and then go and BRAG about it! I am extremely disapointed, but I am calling the Rug Dude cheap! Well, those silly fake peasants are selling silly, fake artifacts and getting tourists that don't put the math together to buy the artifacts thinking they are ancient! What RUDE people!

I don't really know why the Disgraced Guy was disgraced, but I am going to tell you my thinking. First of all, I think he was over-reacting way to much to the incident with the Donkey Guy. Though, I understand he would feel disgraced for translating the conversation even if he knew it was wrong. I also think the Disgraced Guy should be ashamed because he was showing the Rug Dude his wonderful country, and then the Rug Dude took a taste of his own medicine...he will never be going back there!

I would just like to add in that I think the Donkey Dude is very family oriented for keeping the heirloom of his family for good luck. Yes, he is looking after himself for money, but he is doing it with the help of his past relatives. I cannot wait until that happens to me, but of course, I would never need good luck (haha, just kidding)!

Please respond telling me if I am correct and what I did not get or understand correctly. The reason why he was disgraced was very confusing to me, but I thought the short story was extremely hilarious! Good pick, Ms. Tomatis! I cannot wait to hear your feedback!

<3,
Marmar

No comments:

Post a Comment