Friday, May 8, 2009
A wife for my son
I think that this short story is full of Irony. The first sentence of the story tells it all. “Fatiha sat stiffly in her wedding dress and waited.” (p.55) This quote explains that she is depressed about her wedding. Fatiha should be happy on her wedding day instead of sitting stiffly and not saying anything. This is contrary to her usual behavior. A quote that shows this is, “Always so lively, talkative and gay. Now so silent!” (p.55) It is clear that she wants to stay at school and not get married. One quote that explains this says, “ ‘Because I don’t want to get married like this! I want to go on at school; I don’t want to live like our mothers, stuck in the house. I want to work! Why do they decide everything for us like in the old days?” Also I can’t believe that she hasn’t even met her husband. She should at least met him before her family prepares for the wedding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment