Sunday, May 10, 2009

A wife for my son, opinion by Jacqueline

 I did not like how the point of view changed constantly, it was hard to keep up with. Other than that i thought this was an exceptional short story. I Like how Fatiha's mood and perspective of the situation changed in a very short period of time. The whole story happened over a course of at most 7 minutes? But I was so glad there was a happy ending. Was she happy because she has a chance that her husband will understand and she can be a teacher, or because she is happy because her mother is happy, or because she will have a friend (her sister in law)???? over all i like this story!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. I both agree and disagree with you. I'm also really happy that the story had a happy ending, but, in my opinion it moved way too fast. Like Advait said, it looks like it's an excerpt from a book. Why was her mood fluctuating so rapidly? What exactly happened in the end?

    NOTE: I can't make a post for some reason so here is my blog post:

    A wife for my son is a story that I didn't like at all. At first, Fatiha is said, then she's happy in the end, but no one knows why. The author seems to have been lazy-why was she happy? There were many possibilities, like her mother, or that she might be a teacher, etc., but the author actually has to show why she's happy, or else the story is too fast-moving!

    ReplyDelete