I liked the story The Night of the Festival much better compared to The Assassination of Light at the River's Flow, because Munir was able to slip away from his arranged marriage whereas Raha had no way of escape as she knew about her arranged marriage long ago. I found The Night of the Festival quite confusing in the beginning, because the transitions from one scene to another were quit abrupt. For example, the transition from the description of the festival to Hajji Guma's family were the separation of the two paragraphs. Also, I found the story to be a little boring. In my opinion, the only interesting scene in this story was the description of the festival and the part where the cousins were ripping the letter and throwing it in the river.
All in all, I found this story to be quite confusing because of the transition of scenes and a little boring. But I liked it much better than the previous story because of how the parents did not inflict any type of harm to Munir because he was unaware of the arranged marriage. I thought that there was also another reason to why they did not harm Munir, and that is because Munir's a man. Men are supposed to carry out the family's last name. If the parents killed Munir, their family name would not be carried out.
No comments:
Post a Comment