Thursday, May 7, 2009

A wife for my son - Michael

This story was very confusing.  It seemed like it was straight out of a book, which it is.  It was basically the same thing over and over again.  Fatiha was obeying her family's wish against her will.  This story was incredibly cliche and boring.  It had no drama in the end and it was very mysterious.  You can't tell which country she is from and if it is in this time period or in the past.  Though, there was some drama.  The mysteriousness of the story creates some drama in the way of how will she get through this wedding.  Another thing bothers me, why is she so stressed out about this wedding?  Is it because she is wondering who she is going to be marrying or is she just stressed out since she is getting married at a young age.  In conclusion, I think this story was likeable but left you hanging at the end.  This is also a good story for a book since this could be the end of a chapter since it leaves you hanging.

1 comment:

  1. The reason that I think she is so stressed about her wedding is that she has never met her husband before. I think that if you were going to be married to a random guy you would probably be stressed out. Also I think she wants to stay at school and get an education instead of getting married. Her teacher said it her self in this quote, "'Fatiha is such a good student ... it would really be a shame to ... '" (p.57) I also agree with you that the story was somewhat confusing. I had to read the same paragraph at least 3 times before I understood what it ment.

    ReplyDelete